Wednesday, November 29, 2006

November



It's hard to explain the feeling when you walk into a restaurant and have no idea what you've just ordered. Sometimes, it's really exciting and well, the flipside is that it can also be pretty disgusting. I still can't handle my food looking back at me while I eat so I just avoid those situations. Luckily, I haven't had to eat the food while it was still moving. (Not everyone is as fortunate as I am!) There are benefits to being completely unsure of everything. For example, trying out a new path with no clue of where it will go has lead me to sights I couldn't have imagined myself. As the famous saying goes, 'things happen for a reason!' I have at least a dozen moments every day where I feel like I have figured out why I am here. I am realizing there are too many reasons to be here to keep count!Since you can't be here with me, I hope you can enjoy Japan through these pictures! I think of you all often! Thanks for checking out the blog again!
I spent the past 4 months seeing mostly what I expected to with castles, beaches and mountains. Don't get me wrong, it was much better than I thought it would be but it is such a small part of this place. I am finally beginning to understand the cultural values that exist behind such kind people.


Thanks for all the emails and updates! I am constantly being reminded to enjoy as much as I can because I have such great family and friends come home and share it all with!

2 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

you have some amazing photos showing all thatyou've done! I can't believe how many places you've been and things you've done since you've been here... you have probably been to more places than me and I've been here a year now. You put me to shame my friend.

6:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey You

I am sitting at home on my new laptop - and thinking woo hoo ain't I a girl of the world - when I'm checking my e-mail to simply see if this thing works - and well there you were - and with me being at home - I could finally open you up and see your blog - wow - I told you before I was jealous of you being able to go and me having to stay and keep things going so you have a job to come back to - but now with looking at all the pictures - I actually mean it more - and then it dawns on me - woo hoo - not really much of a girl of the world - it's a lap top honey - perhaps I should apply to JET - and get away to see the world - you think my husband, kids and dog would miss me?? - or perhaps I could bring them along - wouldn't that be cool!!

So glad to see you're having fun - and as to the staff Xmas party - I've filled in my Dance card - and have you down as my Polka partner -won't I look silly dancing alone - but then again - they already think that!!

Are any of your family coming over to visit - I know my mom went to Australia with my aunt when my sister did her exchange - with all the sights to see - I know my family would be taking advantage of the situation!!

Well I've taken enough of your time - by the way - Lorilee was an excellent date - I'm glad she didn't try anything - you know I'm not that kinda girl!!

Enough with the silly - Wishing you a "Warm" Christmas away from home - and only the best of things for the New Year!!

Keep us posted
Fran

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home